금요일, 10월 07, 2005

Is it possible in Knitwear?

When I started knitting again ( after my initial knitting experience from Junior high) - teaching myself AGAIN and ALONE from wonderful books like vogue knitting and Stitch & Bitch nation, I thought I will make all chunky sweaters, cardigan, coat that I could never bring myself to buy because of huge price tag..

At the time, I promised my hubby that
I will make turtle neck sweater He loves to wear..
But could never find perfect design..
This promise never kept.. And I been delaying and re-promising again& again..
( it isn't because of my laziness...
I just could not find good pattern he will love and cherish
- so He can actually wear & have slimming effect!)

I been stuck..
Turtle neck winter sweater.. Doesn't make him look fat..
And still geniously cover his cute tummy..



aarrhhggggaaahhuueesmkkrrskri!


Recently While we were watching Cartoon Network,
This picky boy finally found a design he loves to wear..


What Cartoon Network???

Yes.. His design inspiration was on Naruto's Sasuke Uchiha.

Here are pictures..

Sasuke from the game
He is ninja!! and rival of our hero Naruto and wears
What is this??? Is this turtle Neck???


naruto_sasuke0047
Can collar can stand like this without boning..
and is this possibly made in Knitwear??

My search for perfect male turtle neck sweater goes on.....

5 Comments:

Anonymous 익명 said...

Personally, I think you should try and sell him on a scarf. Since that probably won't work, I suggest you check out Stitch and Bitch Nation which has a whole section designing sweaters.

Obviously, the collar won't be there but you could look at the site for the tv show knitty gritty. The collar with the dark color outside and lighter color inside could be done using the two sided knit method. And it might even stand up if you use a stiff enough fiber.

Hope this helps and be sure to post picks.......I would love to see it.

9:23 오전  
Blogger eejayya said...

Thanks bonnie for all direction..

I really doubt I will even try to attempt to make Sasuke sweater - because I know my hubby won't even put his finger in it - despite what he said..

He probably don't even remember that he liked this..

As you have recommended.. I will try to sell him other things like Knitted bunny that He loved so much..

12:37 오후  
Anonymous 익명 said...

I WILL WEAR IT IF YOU MAKE IT FOR ME!!!!ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1:06 오후  
Blogger yahaira said...

Thats so funny, everytime the bf and I watch Naruto I think umm how could I make a sweater like that or I wonder if I should make some arm/legwarmers for myself

10:25 오후  
Blogger eejayya said...

Yahira!!!

Good to hear that My household is not only one who find knitting inspiration from cartoon!!!

9:58 오전  

댓글 쓰기

<< Home