목요일, 7월 14, 2005

YO huh???

Okay..

I been knitting Acorn Camisole from Interweave summer 05 Mag.. couple of days..
Because it wasn't first lace pattern I ever knitted, I was confident that I could graduate simple stitches & do little more complicate patterns..

oh boy.. did I think wrong..

After many trials & problems.. I finally figured out what was wrong with me.
It's all about YO.

Even though I have expert knitter near me ( My mama!!),
I taught myself all about knitting using SnB books & Vogue knitting.
Reason was --
Mama learned from Japanese method almost 40years ago ( she could not understand all american knitting lingo) and she was too busy and tired from work to hand feed me.

When I was knitting this Acorn thing, one pattern repeat have to be only 16..
but after I followed direction, it turns out to 18!
Also, when I tried to knit Wrong side, pattern have to be started 1 stitch earlier than right side's pattern end..

work1
what's wrong with you!!


huh???

then, I figured out all problem comes from my misunderstanding YO!
YO means just doing YO not accompany with knit or purl next stitches!

this is what about knitting says


YO (yarn over) is an increase that results in a little hole or eyelet being formed.
Bring yarn over (away from you) and then under the right hand needle so that it is looped around the needle. Purl or knit the next stitch as called for in the pattern, bring the yarn that it is looped around the needle through the stitch.




but When I read SnB, I got all confused..


The Yarn over
To make a yarn over between two knit stitches
knit the first stitches, then bring your yarn to the front between the two points of your needles.with the yarn still in front, instead of in back where it usually is while knitting, knit the next stitches.


Is this means YO & Knit together???



Help!!!
Is it Yo means knit together or not together!!

Anyway.. From experiments,
it seems like YO is just moving yarn opposite of stitches require to do..
Here's the result... much smoother, easier, cleaner ...

work2

I should unknit bottom part .. but I am not planning to..
hoping no one will noticed these when I wearing cami -- because it will be back & near my tiny booty!





farmers

While I was visiting Joann store..
Empty lot right next to store was filled with farmer's market vendors..
Never knew there was farmer's market in the city I live in!
I was hoping there is Tamale vendor ( like the one on Robertson).. but no luck..
Instead I picked up these wonderful peaches!!

peaches
Yum yum

0 Comments:

댓글 쓰기

<< Home